Sunday, November 25, 2012

Update and Announcement!

Hello everyone!

I hope that you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving. Something I want to bring up, and it is hard to think about for some, is how easy it is to take Thanksgiving for granted. While so many of you were with family and friends, there were thousands of people who were unable to gather in their homes or a place to get together for Thanksgiving. People are without homes or the homes that are still in tact have so much damage to them that they are un-liveable. The need to donate continues as people are trying to recover every single day. Please, click the donate button and give what you can.

We have raised over $700.00 in the last month and I cannot thank everyone who has helped enough for their genoristy. We have 51 authors signed up and have already received some submissions! We will be looking them over just to verify that they fit the criteria. So if you don't receive an email from us other than the confirmation of receiving your submission, do not worry about it!

Finally, I am taking this opportunity to announce something very cool! An author has emailed us with a cool opportunity. Read below:
Dear FFS

I would like to offer my services as a writer for the fandom. Instead of offering a particular story or outtake I would like to offer the chance for someone to pick an idea or a story and have me write a one shot (5k words or more) using twilight characters as a base. They can give me as much or as little as they want to go on and can be any rating, the main thing I can't write is slash (it just doesn't work when I try).


If you are interested, please sound off below in the comments or you can email us and we will forward you to her!

That is it for now! Happy Holidays and please help in any way you can! It could make a huge difference.

2 comments:

  1. I donated to Red Cross and I never received a receipt. I've contacted them twice with no response. Do you know of any way to get a hold of them to get a receipt emailed to me? My email address is rgarkpeterson@aol.com if you could let me know.
    Thanks Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem, and wrote them more than once, but I finally just gave up and went ahead and donated again, which was fine--the need is so great, so I felt like I wanted to do more anyway. The second time, I just made sure I copied and pasted the confirmation page into an e-mail and sent that in, and it was accepted. I think the Red Cross is just inundated with donations, which is a wonderful thing, but it means receipts are not going out. I'm so glad that there are amazing people like the ones running this fundraiser. The areas hit by the storm need all the help they can get. It's going to be a long, very tough recovery, so I was glad to do what little I could to help.

    ReplyDelete